Friday, October 07, 2005

Nine Weeks In

My nine weeks test failed a number of my students at the term. Yet, for many, the extra credit portion provided a more fruitful creative avenue. The extra credit assignment on the back of the test was to a.) draw a flattering picture of Ms. DeGraaf, or b.) write a poem/song/rap about how awesome Spanish 1 is. Scores were based on the students’ ability to brown nose. Some highlights are posted below:


Spanish is like the sun
Coming out on a sunny day.
It is like those days you
Wake up happy for no reason.
It’s the feeling you have
Of learning and knowing
Something new. Its
Fun and exciting just like
My Spanish teacher.
- Cecilia


!Spanish is easy
Spanish is off the heezy
Spanish is the subject
I choose for sheezy!
- Jeronimo


Me and Spanish
By: Ignacio
Spanish is my life
I wish it could be my wife
I think about it all the time
I just wish it was mine
I would do anything to keep it
I should give it a kiss
No one loves Spanish more than me
Cuz Spanish is my baby.


Beautiful Eyes
Your eyes is like
Gowing diamond
In shinning skys
Eyes
Your eyes are wonderful
Seeing master
Pieces that are beautiful
To attract anyone.
Eyes

Your eyes being so
Beautiful make students
Realize what school is
Really for an
Education
Eyes.
- Fernando


Spanish Class Rap
Spanish class is great.
We learn at a fast rate.
Ms. DeGraaf so cool.
She’ll make you never skip school
Como te llamas
Me llamo Deonte
You see what she don
I can speak it all day
We listen then we say
The words that she may
Now my story’s getting short
So I have to abort
Just listen to what she say
You’ll make it that way.
- Rafael


Spanish Spanish learn bout Spanish
Talking in Spanish maybe I’m
Hispanic. Your gonna learn Spanish
Hola your gonna want ta
Be Spanish adios. Profesora
DeGraaf is a cool teacher
She makes me learn all this
Stuff from flash card
Game I’m learn this stuff
Even though I had three years
Before hey I’m just lucky
To remember this stuff
Ah ha say uno dos
Tres I know how to count and my
Ah be say in Spanish
Yeah!
- Teresa Sly


Spanish Harmony
Ay papi, do you hear that sound
Ay mamasita, looks what’s going around
It’s the word or have you not heard
Spanish class is so good it’s got that harmony
The harmony that can’t amount to no money
The rock of that double ele makes you move
While the jazz of enye makes you groove
Español has never felt so good now
Let’s move and groove to the Spanish Harmony.
- Conchita Marzo


I can’t draw and I’m not creative so I will just say that you look like the Terminator III chick. Her name is Kristina Loken or something like that.
- Pablo Savell

4 Comments:

Blogger A. Monroe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:12 PM

 
Blogger A. Monroe said...

I enjoyed reading your students' poems. Great stuff!

4:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a recipe management system site/blog. It pretty much covers recipe management system related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

2:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

8:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home